The Parish Church of St James. 13th or early 14th century with tower. Early 14th century chancel. 15th century or early 16th century nave, aisles and north porch; restored in 1905. Slate rubble, slate roofs with stone-coped gable ends. The existing church comprises:- nave and chancel 4- bay north and south aisles, 2 storey north porch with stair turret in the north west angle and west tower with spire. It is a grade 1 listed building.