The Church of St Mary the Virgin in Churston Ferrers was built in the 14th Century in the perpendicular style. It has a large tower which contains six bells and a clock. Crime novelist, Agatha Christie, attended the church regularly when she lived nearby. In 1956 she donated the royalties from one of her books to pay for a stained glass window, which was designed by Bideford artist, James Patterson. The window, in pale greens and mauves depicts Jesus as the Good Shepherd.