The building is a fine example of Victorian Gothic architecture. It stands in the heart of the town centre with a return frontage to Tower Street itself. The building has a grade II listing and is in a conservation area. The premises consist of two main areas: the sanctuary area and the ancillary rooms. Designed by W. J. Morley of Bradford and built by Mr. Ginson of Exeter, the original building was opened in 1897 and is in the decorated Gothic style. It has a fine tower/spire reaching up some 90 feet at the northeast corner of the building. This makes it a feature of the Exmouth skyline!
The main sanctuary area consists of a large nave and apse area with transepts to the east and west. It has a fine wood panelled roof with matching panelled wall surrounds. There is a sizeable tiered balcony accessed by two staircases.
There is a fine three manual organ which has been overhauled in recent years, is regularly maintained, and forms a vital part of our Sunday worship.
Palm Sunday of 2006 saw the re-opening of the church following 6 months of development work. The original pews were removed, the apse area extended forward into the church to reflect the octagonal shaping of the rear windowed wall, a new glass screen erected at the rear of the church to provide an extended lobby – now much used following the Sunday service as a place to meet, have a coffee and chat and finally a new kitchenette from which to serve the coffee. With the new chairs in situ the church easily lends itself to alternative layouts for services and concerts etc. which has allowed our church to become one of the popular choices for events put on by local community groups.