The tall granite tower of Plympton St. Mary can be seen from far away. It is a visible sign that Christian worship has been maintained here for centuries. The present building dates from 1311 – when it was part of Plympton Priory, one of the leading monastic houses in the South West of England.
The organ is 2 manual, built by Lewis & Co. of Brixton, London, erected in 1879. It is regularly maintained by Hele & Co. of Saltash. The pedal board and swell organ have electronic action and the Great Organ has tracker action.